Sunday, August 10, 2008

Opening Ceremonies

While I watched the Opening Ceremony for the Olympics Friday night, which were spectacular, I participated in my own "opening ceremonies," of sorts. I had opened the kit for my kitten ornaments awhile ago, prepared the fabric, and had started sorting the floss. So Friday night, I sorted the remainder of the floss (a task itself!) and started on my first "olympic" kitty.


I'll admit that I paid more attention to the TV than I did the cross stitching, because this little kitty already deviates from the pattern. I ripped out one section where I had miscounted, but when I noticed that I had been using the wrong color all along, I didn't have the heart to rip it out. Of course, if I can't stand the way it looks as I make more progress, I'll reconsider. Until then, this little one will have its own unique look. Now which one might he be?


2 comments:

Hazel said...

Great start!! Thnaks for your lovely comments on my blog. xx

Lelia said...

Hi Terry: thx for stopping by my blog & yes, I do enjoy the Summer fairs!

Nice start on your kitty. I have a hard time stitching & watching tv.