So on Tuesday, I took my time and spent most of my day threading the heddles. Our instructor, Pam, wanted us to play with twill, so she insisted that we "come up with" our own draft design. I understood only the basic ideas behind a draft, and even though I really, really wanted to follow someone else's pattern, I came up with a threading pattern that was at least symmetrical and started threading. I didn't take the time to even think about what the weave structure might look like; I was just ready to get started and learn as I go.
I was in the right frame of mind on Tuesday, so Ruth (my loom) and I got along just fine. The threading was tedious, as was getting all those threads through the reed, but it was a much easier process for me. By late afternoon, I was ready to weave!
By the end of day two, I had completed several inches of plain weave. I was on my way!