Sunday, January 31, 2010

An Itsy Bit of Etsy

Now that I'm "caught up" on my weaving posts, I'll return to the stitching front.

Last week I noticed that Beth Twist of Heartstring Samplery had posted a new design to her Etsy shop. I fell in love with the border patterns and the sentiment. Such a perfect design for this time of the year! I love the touch of red in the hearts.
I also noticed that Kathy Barrick had also added a number of "old" patterns to her Etsy shop that I needed to add to my collection.

I ordered patterns on the same day, and they all arrived on the same day just a few days later. Fast service! I certainly have new motivation to keep stitching!

As for the little bit of stitching I've done of late, I have just one little motif, in progress, to show from the Mary Wigham sampler. It's been awhile since I've worked on white linen, so I've had to take my time on this one and rip out a few atitches along the way. That's ok. I enjoy the process as much as anything, so the slow go is fine by me.

Hope you are staying warm wherever you may be and enjoying the day!

5 comments:

Kim B said...

What great charts! Etsy is so wonderful! I can't wait to see more of you MW!

samplerlover said...

Hi Terri
What a great collection of charts. It's always good to add to our collections. I just enjoyed reading about your weaving project. It looks a lot harder than I thought it would be. Congratulations on having a go. I think it is something that once you get the hang of it, would be easy, just getting the hang of it is the problem. - Sandra.

Heidi said...

You are so bad Teri! I now fell off the wagon on my stash diet. I ordered not one, not two, but three charts from Heartstring Samplery whom I have never heard of before. I checked out her wonderful blog too. Oh my! I cannot wait to get them and start on one but that means in the week or so I have to wait, I have to finish at least one of my WIPs. How is that for extra motivation? :-)

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Siobhán said...

Nice stash haul! All of them are great patterns. Nice start on MW, too!

Solstitches said...

Hi Teri,
Thanks for visiting my blog and for your nice comment :)
Wow, I love each and every one of those charts you bought and you can think of three of them as an investment. They are sure to become very collectible now that Kathy has given up designing.
Lovely start on Mary Wigham too.
Margaret